Hearthstone Privacy Notice
Landlords and tenants, read how Hearthstone Ltd processes you personal information.
Renting from a letting agency
A letting agency can help you find accommodation owned by a private landlord. Some will help you simply to find accommodation, but many letting agencies manage properties on behalf of a landlord, which means that you may have no direct contact with your landlord.
Hearthstone assured shorthold tenancy agreement
Example contract between Hearthstone Property Management and our tenants.
- Landlord ‘tax dodging’ is widespread claims think tankUnscrupulous landlords are dodging £1.73 billion a year in tax according to think-tank TaxWatch. It believes the Government’s attempts to recoup payments – including the Let Property Campaign – is failing and instead suggests that lenders should be made to provide data about who owns a buy-to-let mortgage as a way to discover just who […]
- Should landlords take advantage of tax incentives, lower property prices and attractive mortgage deals?Higher taxes, a stamp duty surcharge, and an increasingly regulated sector had made many landlords question their commitment to buy-to-let, and many landlords were selling down. But with Covid came a fall in prices and the stamp duty boost, which appears to have resulted in a re-think for many. Helped by the availability of cheap […]
- Airbnb plans to ditch ‘some’ professional landlords as it admits to making mistakesOne of the founders of Airbnb has indicated that the home-sharing platform is to return to its roots and distance itself from the thousands of professional landlords who use it to rent out multiple properties. In an interview with The Sunday Times over the weekend, Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky (pictured) admits that the short-lets platform […]
- Commercial landlords and tenants ask government to pay 50% of rent arrears to ‘save jobs’Commercial landlords and tenant groups have urged the Government to introduce a new Property Bounceback Grant for those firms at risk of going under. Groups including the British Property Federation and British Retail Consortium believe a grant scheme would facilitate negotiations and solve the rent crisis looming over the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors. They […]
- Scottish blogger claims evictions data shows ‘tidal wave’ on the way – but it’s a 94% reduction!Evictions data released in Scotland that reveals 350 possession proceedings have been issued against tenants since the country went into lockdown have been jumped on by housing campaigners as proof that a ‘tidal wave of evictions’ is looming. Obtained via a Freedom of Information request by an investigative blogger and sourced from the Scottish Courts […]