Hearthstone Privacy Notice
Landlords and tenants, read how Hearthstone Ltd processes you personal information.
Renting from a letting agency
A letting agency can help you find accommodation owned by a private landlord. Some will help you simply to find accommodation, but many letting agencies manage properties on behalf of a landlord, which means that you may have no direct contact with your landlord.
Hearthstone assured shorthold tenancy agreement
Example contract between Hearthstone Property Management and our tenants.
- Citizens Advice wants to toughen-up fees ban BillTenant Fees Ban: The national charity Citizens Advice (CA) has warned that a loophole exists in the Tenant Fees Bill currently passing through Parliament which would allow landlords and agents to still charge tenants fees, for tenancy contract defaults. Examples of defaults might be fees for such things as late rent payments, replacing keys and […]
- We can live with longer tenancies says GraingerLonger Tenancies: Briton’s biggest private residential landlord and now Build-to-Rent provider Grainger PLC says it welcomes longer tenancies. The company thinks there’s a growing need for longer term tenancies in the UK’s private rented sector and says “We can handle longer tenancies” and they are ready to respond to the challenge. Grainger claims it already […]
- Landlords need to plan for higher letting agents’ feesLetting Fees Ban: Buy-to-let landlords who use letting agents and those others that charge their own fees need to think seriously about how they will deal with the inevitably higher letting fees, or lost income, when the tenant fees ban comes in, most likely next year. The extra costs involved will put a strain on […]
- The Lords is examining the Creditworthiness Assessment BillTenant Creditworthiness: The Creditworthiness Assessment Bill, which is progressing through the House of Lords, and is looking increasingly like it will reach the statute book, has had its committee stage, a chance for the Lords to scrutinise it line by line, on Friday 11 May. This is a private member’s bill brought by Lord Bird, […]
- The importance of a Tenancy Application FormThe Application Form You should always use a comprehensive Tenancy Application Form when taking on a new tenant. You need a completed application for each adult tenant in the property. The Tenancy application form is a very important starting point for any residential or commercial property letting. The application collects the background (biographical) information about a […]