Hearthstone Privacy Notice
Landlords and tenants, read how Hearthstone Ltd processes you personal information.
Renting from a letting agency
A letting agency can help you find accommodation owned by a private landlord. Some will help you simply to find accommodation, but many letting agencies manage properties on behalf of a landlord, which means that you may have no direct contact with your landlord.
Hearthstone assured shorthold tenancy agreement
Example contract between Hearthstone Property Management and our tenants.
- HMO first: Coventry landlord to pay back £11,000 rent to tenants in unlicensed propertyA rogue Coventry landlord had been ordered to pay back £10,982 in rent for not having an HMO licence – the first case of its kind in the city. The First Tier Property Tribunal has ordered Mrs Parvinjot Nagra to repay the cash after her seven tenants applied for the rebate, as part of a […]
- Sadiq Khan awkwardly refuses to endorse tenant rent arrears being written offMayor of London Sadiq Khan has refused to back calls for struggling tenants to have their rent arrears written off when the Coronavirus crisis is over. Although Khan cannot be described as landlord friendly, under close questioning by the Green party in the London Assembly he avoided at all costs committing to a rent ‘forgiveness’ […]
- Is the policy of moving the housing market in favour of first time buyers failing?The latest UK mortgage lending figures show heavy taxes and red tape have failed to curb buy-to-let growth, much to the likely annoyance of ministers. Trade organisation UK Finance’s mortgage lending analysis for the first quarter of 2020 shows buy-to-let (BTL) lending up 7%, while lending to first time buyers continues to decline – despite […]
- No signs yet of rents sliding during the Coronavirus crisis as many areas experience RISESRents are holding up well around the UK despite the market uncertainty created by Coronavirus, with some regions showing hefty year-on-year increases. Average rents for new tenancies rose by 2.7% last month to £959 compared with May 2019, according to the latest Homelet Rental Index figures. But rents in the capital dropped by 0.2% in May compared to the […]
- LATEST: Pressure grows on government to make a decision on evictions ban extensionPressure is growing on the government as landlord, tenant and consumer groups call on ministers to make a decision on extending the current three-month evictions ban past June 25th, when it expires. The government has less than 14 working days to make the decision, but Shelter has already claimed that it has seen growing number […]