Renting from a letting agency
A letting agency can help you find accommodation owned by a private landlord. Some will help you simply to find accommodation, but many letting agencies manage properties on behalf of a landlord, which means that you may have no direct contact with your landlord.
Hearthstone assured shorthold tenancy agreement
Example contract between Hearthstone Property Management and a tenant.
- Landlords, Let Your Property for Free!HomeRenter, the online lettings marketplace which launched a beta version in Autumn 2017 and seeks to cut out the estate agency middleman, has launched a new trial proposition for landlords starting this month. The site is offering landlords a no-strings-attached, six-month free trial of the service that includes 30 days worth of advertising across leading […]
- Some Licensing Scheme rules are illegalSelective Licensing: The Court of Appeal has today ruled that councils cannot use selective licensing conditions to impose new standards on private rented homes. The case saw Paul Brown, a landlord in Accrington, challenging Hyndburn Council which sought to use its selective licensing scheme in certain areas of the Borough to force the installation of […]
- BBC Panorama to debate Section 21Section 21 evictions: The future of the no-fault eviction process, mainstay of the Assured Shorthold Tenancy since its inception in 1988, is to be debated on a BBC Panorama programme this evening, Wednesday 21 February at 8:30 pm. The programme, with an interview featuring Landlord Action’s Paul Shamplina, will investigate the widely debated Section 21 […]
- RLA calls for Housing TribunalsHousing Courts: At a recent meeting with the new Minister for the Private Rented Sector, Heather Wheeler MP, at the newly named Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG), landlord representatives from the Residential Landlords Association (RLA) called for housing courts, similar to the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber)*. Given the […]
- Labour plans a tenant’s pet’s charterPets in Lets: Included in Labour’s plans to abolish the no-fault (section 21) eviction process is the pledge to give tenants a ‘default right’ to keep pets in their rental properties. As part of their future manifesto pledge, Labour has said it wants to strengthen the rights of tenants, which will include the automatic right […]